Paula White-Cain is the president of Paula White Ministries, headquartered in Apopka, Florida, and the spiritual adviser to President Donald Trump. She hosts Paula Today and is a renowned life coach, bestselling author, and highly sought-after motivational speaker. Paula’s commitment to humanity is felt worldwide as she reaches out through numerous charities and compassion ministries, fulfilling her mission and call to transform lives, heal hearts, and win souls. She is also the oversight Pastor of City of Destiny, located in Apopka, Florida outside of Orlando.
As a child, White-Cain’s world was thrown into a tailspin when her father committed suicide. The tragedy turned her family upside down, and Paula’s childhood was marred by sexual and physical abuse. But at the age of 18, Paula was introduced to the Bible, and her life began to transform: soon after, she gave her life to God, and received a vision that she was to preach the gospel of Christ around the world.
Pastor Paula began ministering in the inner cities of Washington, DC, in the late ’80s; by the early ’90s, she served in post-riot Los Angeles, sharing Jesus with children whose neighborhoods had been hardest hit by violence. She went on to lead multiple mega-churches, including one of the largest churches in America, and she founded Paula White Ministries, a global media ministry that has touched the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Pastor Paula is a humanitarian leader whose ministries have provided hundreds-of-thousands of pounds of food to the needy in the United States and tens-of-millions of dollars in humanitarian assistance to the needy around the world.
As a woman, Pastor Paula has played a groundbreaking role in Christian ministry has been noted for paving the way for millions of young women to pursue God’s call for their lives. As a leader, she is a recipient of countless awards and honors including the Rosa Parks Award, the Trumpet Award, and the Florida Governor’s award for her service in the aftermath of the Pulse nightclub shootings in 2016.
Pastor Paula has frequently delivered invocations of note, including for the ceremony commemorating 40th anniversary of the tragic assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in 2008. That same year, she was a presenter at Maya Angelou’s 80th birthday celebration.
Today, she serves as Spiritual Advisor to President Donald J. Trump and as a much in demand speaker and teacher of the gospel, she continues to travel extensively to fulfill her mandated mission: to transform lives, heal hearts, and show others the way to Jesus.
Pastor Paula White-Cain is married to Jonathan Cain of the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame band, Journey. In 2017, she was appointed as chairwoman of the Evangelical Advisory Board to President Donald J. Trump.
READ MORE >>>
Known for her profound and dynamic Bible teaching, she is the host of the nationally syndicated program Paula Today. Transcending socioeconomic and denominational barriers, her powerful message of hope resonates among people from every walk of life.
With a faith undaunted by the task at hand, this mother, humanitarian and beloved mentor is also is also the oversight Pastor of City of Destiny, located in Apopka, Florida outside of Orlando, a non-traditional church with a multi-cultural mission whose membership ranges in the thousands. A gifted exhorter and motivator, the core of Paula’s message is “delivering spiritual truths that transforms lives”.
She has married legendary singer/songwriter Jonathan Cain of the iconic, multi-platinum selling, American rock band Journey. Journey is known for classic hits such as “Don’t Stop Believin’”, “Open Arms”, “Faithfully” and many more. She has authored countless books and other resources including her best-selling book, “Deal With It”, along with “You’re All That”, “Move On, Move Up”, and many more. Paula’s son Brad is actively serving in ministry along with his wife Rachel at City of Destiny. By Paula sharing her story of overcoming tragedy and finding restoration through the power of Christ, she has impacted people from every walk of life around the world. Whether men, women, or children…business executives, currently unemployed, or college students… wealthy, impoverished, hopeful, or in despair, Paula can relate to them…and through her transparent and heartfelt love of God, they can relate to her.
Born into a storybook life to an upper-middle class family in Tupelo, Mississippi, Paula’s world shattered when, at the age of five, her father senselessly and suddenly died. The tragedy threw her family into dire straits, and her childhood became marred by poverty and feelings of abandonment, confusion, and betrayal. She experienced periods of abuse from the hands of strangers. As a teenage girl, Paula experienced deep feelings of shame and rejection. She coped by becoming an overachiever in school, winning the approval of her teachers, trying at every juncture to gain the approval of everyone around her. But nothing seemed to work. Around age 9, Paula’s mother remarried and the family moved to Maryland.
Once again, Paula’s world would change – this time for the better. At age 18, Paula was introduced to the Gospel, and became a Christian. The crushing weight of shame and rejection she’d carried as long as she could remember were gone. Paula held the Bible and said, “God, I don’t know you and I don’t even know myself. But I know the answers are in this book.” From there, her life began to transform radically as she studied the Bible and became involved in a local church. Then, she had a vision that she was to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world.
Paula was moved by the plight of those who Jesus called “the least of these” and deeply yearned to touch those most in need. In the late 80s, she began ministering in the inner cities of Washington, D.C. By the early ’90s, she was in post-riot Los Angeles, sharing Jesus with children whose neighborhoods had been hardest hit by violence. In 1991, God called Paula to help co-found Without Walls International Church in Tampa, Florida – a ministry that went on to touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. In 2001, she founded Paula White Media Ministry to reach the world with the message God had given her: a message that would “transform lives, heal hearts, and win souls.” Paula White Ministries had become definite in form and started to grow.
Paula White continues to be an inspiration to millions around the world. She was featured as one of the five most innovative and effective church leaders of today in the book Holy Mavericks, Evangelical Innovators and the Spiritual Marketplace (Lee ∓ Sinitiere, New York University Press). Her voice resonates loudly for the voiceless as she brings a message of salvation to the privileged as well as the destitute. Reaching beyond cultural and socioeconomic barriers, she fervently shares God’s transformative Word to touch the person within. Her message is for those seeking to discover their purpose in life, and designed to launch them into a destiny they could never have imagined. It’s obvious that “she understands, she’s been there, and she knows how to get out.” Her television program, “Paula Today,” reaches a potential viewing audience of 2.3 billion people worldwide, and she has been listed as one of the Top 50 “Most Influential Christians in America,” by The Church Report (2006).
ACCOLADES & RECOGNITION
Paula White received the 2011 Impact Leadership Award during the 5th Annual International Financial and Leadership Summit in Houston, Texas; the 2009 Humanitarian Award by the Trumpet Award Foundation; the 2007 Behind the Bench “Mind, Body Spirit Award” from the NBA Wives Organization; and the 2006 “Trailblazer Award” by Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Coalition. In 2008, she performed the Invocation for the 40th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination in Memphis, Tennessee, and was a presenter at Maya Angelou’s 80th birthday tribute in Atlanta, Georgia. Paula White has received endorsements from T.D. Jakes, Joel and Victoria Osteen, General Colin Powell, Donald Trump, Joyce Meyer, Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson, Kim Kiyosaki, Ebony Magazine, and many others. Other TV and radio appearance include: ABC’s Good Morning America, Primetime with Diane Sawyer, 20/20, BBC, BET’s Meet The Faith, Bloomberg, CBN’s 700 Club, CBS’s Talk of the Town, CNN Special Report with Roland Martin, CoCo Brother Radio Program, Extra, Fox & Friends, Inside Edition, Larry King LIVE, MSNBC LIVE, The Tyra Banks Show, and more. She has also been featured in TIME Magazine, Christianity Today Magazine, and Charisma Magazine, as well as a contributing author for Celeb Staff Magazine, Celeb Life Magazine, Charisma, Ebony Magazine, Essence Magazine, GQ, Gospel Today, SpiritLed Women, and Streaming Faith On-line Devotionals. Today, as a much-in-demand speaker and proclaimer of the gospel, she continues to travel extensively to fulfill her mandated mission: transform lives, heal hearts, and win souls.
READ MORE >>>
We believe the Bible is divinely inspired by God, and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. We believe that in it are the principles by which we are to live, and the measure for our faith and doctrine.
We believe in one true God who exists eternally in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We also believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was sent to this earth to redeem humanity from sin. He was crucified, buried, resurrected, ascended to heaven, and is coming again.
We believe that salvation involves the redemption and transformation of the total man, and is available freely to all who believe in Jesus Christ. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
We believe that water baptism is a symbol of the believer’s death to the power and bondage of sin and subsequent resurrection to newness of life in Jesus Christ.
We believe that in the taking of Communion, we remember incomparable the love of God that was extended towards in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection.
We believe in the sovereign rule, reign and authority of God in the life of believers. We believe that the Kingdom of God is within us and is manifested on earth as we faithfully obey Christ and His teachings.
READ MORE >>>
Jesus gave us “The Great Commission” in Matthew 28:16-20 to teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. We are a global ministry in both vision and reach. Utilizing the Internet, Television, Radio, Literature, and Public Speaking as our primary vehicles of communication.
My mission is to see the world come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. When God showed me a vision at an early age, all those who fell under the sound of my voice were saved, and all those who didn’t fell into darkness. I am driven by the hope of Jesus Christ in the lives of people. The deliverance and freedom that is found in a relationship with God.
I want to do my part in this earth and through my ministry and life with my husband Jon and my family- bring Truth, transformation, wholeness, and happiness to all those I come across. It is only through the strength God provides and the support of those in partnership with me that I am able to do what I do. I want to see families and relationships restored, hearts healed, souls saved, and sons and daughters built up to carry the mantle on this earth.
I am raising up ministers for the new era of what God is doing in the earth and the power of God manifested for true change. God is good! But it is not about me, it is about Christ- and none of this is possible without my friends and partners who support the ministry! Join me…”
READ MORE >>>
SPECIAL HONOREE EVENT PARTICIPATION
- Honored in Christian Post Magazine as among the 'Top 7 Evangelicals Who Made an Impact in 2017'
- Featured in Orlando Magazine as Top 50 Most Influential of Orlando, FL, 2017
- Ranked as one of the top evangelicals of the new century by the Jerusalem Post
- Guest Panelist for Mega Fest Faith & Politics Forum hosted by Bishop TD Jakes in Dallas, TX, 2017
- Served under several presidential administrations in advocacy positions ranging from domestic violence, inner city outreach programs, natural disaster(s) relief programs.
- Has helped to build schools & orphanages in Haiti & Ghana, Africa.
- Has brought food, clothing & educational aid to the Appalachians throughout the years
- Spearheaded the formation of the evangelical board for 2016 Trump Presidential campaign & subsequent presidential transition
- Serves as Chairman of the Evangelical Advisory Board for President Donald Trump
- 2016 present; works closely with President Trump and other Government officials relating to matters important to the Evangelical community
- Married to Jonathan Cain, founding member of Rock n Roll's Hall of Fame rock band Journey. First ever ballad rock band to win
- New York Times Bestseller
- Has served on various boards over 30 years that bring economic & social development to those in need
- First woman clergy to pray at the Presidential Inauguration (January 20, 2017)
- First woman to pray at the Republican National Convention (July 18, 2016)
- Participated (by special invitation) on the TNT Panel for the series “Hawthorne”
- Partnered with Harlem’s “Northside Center” in food distribution and sponsored their efforts to educate and provide social services and support to underprivileged children and their families
- Featured Speaker for Mega Fest –hosted by Bishop TD Jakes in Atlanta, GA-2004 & 2005, Johannesberg, South Africa in 2008; Houston 2011, Atlanta 2012
- Featured speaker and presenter at the annual Trumpet Awards 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Performed invocation for the 40th anniversary of Dr. MLK Jr.’s assassination in Memphis, TN-April 2008
- Presenter at Maya Angelou’s 80th birthday tribute in Atlanta, GA-May 4, 2008
- Participated on the board for “Safe Horizons”-a non-profit group that advocates for women and children who have fallen victim to domestic violence
- Partnered with Harbor House, a non-profit group that advocates for domestic abuse survivors in numerous capacities including bridging and bringing awareness through the faith based community by starting “Preach In”
TV & RADIO PROGRAM APPEARANCES
- CNN's Erin Burnett Out Front on Oct 20, 2016
- NBC News
- NPR (Jan 2017)
- FOX News
- Steve Harvey Show
- Dr. Phil Show
- ABC’s Good Morning America
- ABC’s Primetime with Diane Sawyer
- ABC’s 20/20
- BET’s “Meet the Faith”
- CBN’s 700 Club
- CBS’ Talk of the Town
- CNN’s Special Report with Roland Martin
- “What would Jesus Really Do?”
- CoCo Brother Radio Show-Nationally Syndicated
- FOX and Friends
- FOX Network’s Daytime with Linda Vester
- Inside Edition
- Larry King Live
- Life Today with James Robison
- MSNBC Live
- Scarborough Country
- TBN’s “Praise”
- Banks Show
PHILANTHROPIES & HUMANITARIAN OUTREACHES
- Works with & supports Orlando/Tampa based organization that takes care of children that have lost parents to acts of violence on the streets.
-Has been given credentials with the UN that allowed for speaking at the United Nations with NGO's worldwide
- Has formed several CDC's over the years
- Performed Ceremonial services for Israeli Ambassador Danny Ayalon (2002-2006), an Israeli diplomat, who served as Deputy Foreign Minister 2009-2013
- Participated as special guest speaker for Bill Zanker's Learning Annex & Get Motivated along with former President George Bush, Colin Powell, Rudy Guillani, Tony Robbins, Donald Trump, Zig Ziglar, to name a few
- Feeds the Orlando, FL community weekly through outreach program at New Destiny Christian Center. Tens of thousands of pounds worth of food are provided to families in need every week.
- Each year provides food for the needy with “Table in the Wilderness”-locations have been Tampa, San Antonio, Appalachian regions, Los Angeles, Orlando and Harlem, New York
- Each year-sponsors “Back To School Bash”-Tampa, San Antonio, New York City, The Appalachians -North Carolina, Orlando and Los Angeles
- Supports Orphanage in Haiti
- 1992, in the wake of the infamous Los Angeles riots, co-founded Operation S.T.I.T.C.H.E.S (Saving The Inner Cities Through Christ’s Hope Eternal Salvation) to minister to America’s troubled urban areas. Trained and equipped over 6,000 organizations to effectively reach urban areas
- Founder of Operation Explosion, a vital outreach which ministers to the needs of those living in America’s inner city areas
- Has preached and ministered to the felt needs of humanity in over 100 counties for more than 30 years
FEATURED PRINT ARTICLES
- New York Times
- Time Magazine (Sept. 14, 2016)
- Time Magazine (Jan 20, 2017)
- Christianity Today Magazine
- Charisma News
- Charisma Magazine
- Christian Post (July 2016)
CONTRIBUTING MAGAZINE AUTHOR
- Celeb Staff Magazine
- Life Magazine
- Gentlemen’s Quarterly (GQ)
- Gospel Today
- SpiritLed Women
- Streaming Faith On-Line Devotionals
PUBLISHED WRITTEN WORKS
- Move On, Move Up
- You’re All That
- 10 Commandments of Health and Wellness
- Simple Suggestions For A Sensational Life!
- Deal With It
- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
- Birthing Your Dream
- Morning by Morning
- Living the Abundant Life
- Life by Design
- First Things First
- Prayer Confessions
- 10 Words That Will Improve Your Life
- Wholeness, I Don’t Get It
- He Said; She Said
Below are awards of recognition provided to Pastor Paula White for her years ministry service and philanthropic pursuits...